Welcome to J Camp 2019!
Weekly Sessions June 3 - August 2
Voted The Best Camp Experience in Greater Kansas City!
- Traditional and Specialty Camps
- School Age Camp: Youth entering 1st through 8th grades
- Child Development Center Camp (CDC): Age 2 through youth entering Kindergarten
- Full-time and Part-time Camp Options
- Extended Summer Options: May 28 - August 9
- Online enrollment for Summer 2019 opens February 15th!
J Camp Provides Everything You’re Looking For!
- Super-convenient – located in the heart of Johnson County near I-435 and Nall
- Variety! Arts, sports, swimming, archery, and theatre
- Field trips, special activities, Undernights and more!
- Jewish values and Israeli cultural activities
- New skills – structured recreational and educational activities
- Unparalleled facilities – including an on-site swimming pool
- J Member and non-member pricing available. Ask us about Summer memberships!
What's NEW this summer?
- NEW Camp choices for LEGO Camp, STEM Camp, and Culinary Camp!
- NEW themes and program activities for Barney Goodman and BOOM!
- Summer Stock Theatre production of Peter Pan JR. held in the White Theatre!
Welcoming for Everyone!
J Camps encourage diversity by genuinely welcoming Campers into a fun and inclusive environment. We strive to instill a sense of real community, so Campers end each day highly anticipating the next day of Camp. Jewish values are integrated into our programs in a manner which appeals to parents and children of all faiths and backgrounds.
Our counselors are simply the best! Our skilled and trained staff create a safe environment and lead activities which establish cooperation and socialization skills. Most of our staff were once Campers at The J, so they know the impact of great role models, fun activities and outstanding Camp spirit!
Israeli Counselors: Each summer we hire Israeli young adults as Shlichim (Emissaries). The Shlichim enrich the camp experience with Israeli cultural activities and special projects.
J Camp Staff Positions
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated summer staff members to provide program activities and supervision for day campers. We prefer full-time staff who are available May 28 - August 9, Monday through Friday.
Staff needed: Camp counselors, directors, specialists, Para-Educators, and substitute staff.
J Camp Orientations
Parents and Campers are encouraged to attend a Camp Orientation session to meet the Staff and receive program information.
J Camp Parent + Camper Orientation: Wednesday, May 29 at 6:30 p.m. in the Social Hall
Ma'asim Tovim Parent + Camper Orientation: Wednesday, May 29 at 7:00 p.m. in Conference Room C
J Camp of Greater Kansas City is proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association. Developed exclusively for the camp industry, this nationally recognized accreditation focuses on program quality, health, and safety issues, and requires us to review every facet of our camp operation. J Camp is also licensed by the State of Kansas.