Upcoming Audition Opportunities
Soar to new heights this summer
in 'Peter Pan' at The White Theatre!
Open Auditions - Vocals & Dancing
Saturday, February 9th from 3:00 - 5:00 pm
and Sunday, February 10th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm
The White Theatre at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City is excited to announce auditions for our summer 2019 production of Peter Pan!
The White Theatre is committed to non-discrimination and a flexible, imaginative casting policy. Performers of all ethnicities and genders are strongly encouraged to audition.
Director: Barbra Nichols
Music Director: Kevin Bogan
Choreographer: Kacy Christensen
July 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27, 2019 @ 7:30pm
July 7, 14, 21, 28, 2019 @ 2:00pm
Possible private performances on Fridays, July 12, 19, and 26.
Begin Tuesday, May 28, 2019 and run Mondays thru Thursdays from 6-10 pm and Sundays from 2-6 pm. All rehearsals will be held at The White Theatre, 5801 West 115th Street, Overland Park, KS 66211
• Please provide a resume and headshot.
• Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of the show.
• No songs from the show. No a cappella auditions, please.
• An accompanist will be provided.
• There will be a brief dance audition following your vocal audition.
• Auditioners do not need to sign up for an audition slot prior to the auditions dates and will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
The White Theatre at The J
5801 West 115th St
Overland Park, KS 66211
Callbacks will be by invitation only.
Saturday, February 16th 10:00 - 12 noon
Callbacks will be a mix of dancing, reading, and vocal auditions.
About Peter Pan
An adaptation of J. M. Barrie's story about a boy who never grew up. Peter and his mischievous fairy sidekick, Tinkerbell, visit the nursery of the Darling children late one night and, with a sprinkle of pixie dust, begin a magical journey across the stars that none of them will ever forget. In the adventure of a lifetime, the travelers come face to face with a ticking crocodile, a fierce Indian tribe, a band of bungling pirates and, of course, the villainous Captain Hook.
• Can be played by a small male or female.
• Vocally strong belt voice, (female – mezzo-soprano/male – high tenor)
• Athletic, strong, nimble dancer, stage fighting skills required and not afraid of flying.
• Possible aerial acrobatics using harness and wires.
• Doubles as Mr. Darling. Playing age late 40s / early 50s.
• Stage fighting skills required. Vocally - excellent bass-baritone.
• Needs to be fit and move well.
• Playing age 13/14, on the verge of adolescence.
• Dance skills.
• Vocally – strong soprano.
• Also ‘flies’ but is not required to perform any aerial acrobatics.
• Playing age 12.
• Strong singer.
• Also flies.
• Child actor. Playing age 7/8.
• Also flies.
• Vocally - soprano.
Liza (The Darlings’ servant)
• Can double as Tiger Lily.
• Very good dancer.
• Vocally - good belt mezzo-soprano.
• Prepared to play in the dog’s costume at the beginning and end of the show.
• May double as a Pirate, Strong, athletic, good singer.
• Vocally - Tenor/Baritone.
The Lost Boys: (Tootles, Nibs, Slightly, Curly, Twins)
Pirates (Cecco, Bill Jukes, Skylights, Noodler, Mullins, Crooks)
Tiger Lily’s group – Female dancers and singers