Auditions for 'Cabaret' at the White Theatre
Director: Tim Bair
Music Director: Marsha Canaday
Choreographer: Kacy Christensen
February 2, 7, 9, 14, & 16, 2019 @ 7:30pm
February 3, 10, & 17, 2019 @ 2:00pm
The White Theatre is committed to non-discrimination and a flexible, imaginative casting policy. Performers of all ethnicities and genders are strongly encouraged to audition.
All members of the cast must sing. Dancers wishing to be considered for the show must audition vocally first.
Please read all of the information on this page before scheduling your audition.
General Vocal Auditions
Saturday, October 13th at The White Theatre at The J
2:00 - 4:30 pm Vocal auditions by appointment
- To schedule a vocal audition by appointment: email April Kobetz, White Theatre Production Manager.
- Please include your full name and phone number with your audition request.
- Appointment requests will be processed in the order they are received. Please allow 2 business days for your audition request to be processed.
- Once your request has been processed you will receive a confirmation email with your appointment time, a preliminary rehearsal calendar, and any other pertinent information.
- Appointments can only be made via email. Please do not call or use social media to request an audition appointment.
4:30 - 5:00 pm Walk-up vocal auditions
- No appointment needed.
- All auditioners who arrive and register by 5:00pm will be seen.
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of the show.
- No songs from the show.
- An accompanist will be provided.
- Please have your music clearly marked for the accompanist.
- No a cappella or track/CD auditions.
- Please bring a resume and headshot.
- There will NOT be a dance audition on October 13th.
If you are unable to attend the General Vocal Auditions in person, please email April Kobetz for information about submitting a video audition.
Call Backs - By Invitation Only
Tuesday, October 16th from 6 - 9 pm
- Callbacks will include a dance audition, vocal selections from the show, and scene readings.
- Please be prepared to stay for the entire callback time.
About Cabaret (1998 Revival)
It is the city of Berlin in 1931, a time when political unrest racks the country, the economy has been destroyed, and millions of unemployed roam the streets. Enter into this chaos an American cabaret dancer, working at the downtown "Kit-Kat club" where anything goes on the stage. Into this young dancer's life come several characters such as a rich German politician, a young Jewish man struggling with his identity, an Englishman teacher from London, and of course the all-knowing, all-seeing Master of Ceremonies.
Master of Ceremonies (Emcee)
Boy Soprano (pre-recorded)
The Kit Kat Girls:
The Kit Kat Boys: