Here is a quick update on what's available in town if you want to grab a bite to eat, as well as some Chanukah specials:
- Hen House Kosher Deli - as always, serving fresh roasted chickens and chicken tenders, as well as a range of sandwiches, sides and sushi.
- Rachel's Cafe - open from 11 am - 2 pm (expansive lunch hour) Monday - Friday, serving a menu full of options, meat and dairy entrees.
- Ram's Cafe- open from 8 am - 1 pm when HBHA school is in session, serving dairy and aprve breakfast foods, lunch, and snacks.
- Meshuggah Bagels - open daily until 2 pm (closed Monday). Overland Park location serves Pas Yisrael bagels. 39th street location is also Vaad supervised (but not PY). Please be aware that at the 13th St. location only the bagels are kosher. The shop serves non-kosher food and is not Vaad supervised.
- Krispy Kreme - 103rd and Metcalf location, all products are kosher and dairy (not CY). Over Chanukah they will have special blue and white designs on glazed and jelly donuts. For great deals and December coupons see here.
- Fluffly Fresh Donuts - 103rd and State Line is kosher dairy (not CY). They sell out quickly so make sure to get there early or order in advance. Please mention that you are a kosher customer.
- Hy-Vee - 95th and Antioch - Kosher Take & Bake pizzas are finally back in stock after a hiatus due to injury.
Chanukah Latke Making Tips from Ellenberg Catering:
To achieve the best results make sure your latke batter isn't too wet. Squeeze out excess juices from the shredded potatoes.
Add an onion to get that savory flavor in your latkes.
Put a quarter of your shredded potatoes into the food processor to mince, and add this back to your batter. Your laktes will have a little more body.
Gmar chatima tova,
Rabbi Yitzchak Mizrahi Jeff Goldenberg
Executive Director President
For more information from the Vaad, click here.
Rabbi Yitzchak Mizrahi
Executive Director, Vaad HaKashruth of Kansas City