Entering 1st - 4th Grades
8 weekly sessions: 9am - 4pm M-F
Early Care: 7-9am | Late Care: 4-6pm
A great Camp for kids that want to experience a little bit of everything at J Camp! Barney Goodman includes crafts, sports, science, songs, swimming, archery and life-long friendships. Trained Camp staff promote kindness, respect, and Jewish values.
Each Barney Goodman week also includes:
- Activities based on a theme. Some weeks will include a field trip and some weeks will include an Undernight.
- Red Cross Group Swim Lessons with Certified Swim Instructors. Generally, 1st and 2nd graders have lessons Monday through Thursday mornings and 3rd and 4th graders generally have lessons Monday and Wednesday mornings. More info available here
- Science and Art activities.
- Unique Jewish and Israeli cultural activities and Friday afternoon Shabbat.
Each week will include activities based on a theme. Some weeks will include a field trip, and some weeks will include an Undernight. Themes for J Camp 2019 will be announced in January 2019!
A special activity at J Camp where Campers can choose to stay at camp on select Wednesday nights from 4-8 p.m. There is no extra charge for Undernights. Please contact the Camp Office at 913-327-8060 or at [email protected] if your child will NOT be attending the Undernight.
- Special games & activities
- Extra swim
- Cookout, campfire, songs & s’mores
A Day in the Life of a Barney Goodman Camper
Every group is different, but here’s a great sampling of the schedule for Barney Goodman Campers. Generally, Campers are grouped by gender and in grade groups: 1st & 2nd, or 3rd & 4th grades.
9:00 – 12:00 Morning Activities
Circle Time! Songs and cheers and getting ready for the day.
Morning activities – such as crafts, games, science, archery, Shirim (music) or Kol Israel (Israeli Cultural activities)
Swim Lessons (1st & 2nd Grade: Monday – Thursday; 3rd & 4th Grade: Monday & Wednesday)
1:00 – 4:00 Afternoon Activities
Crafts, games, archery, special events and Chugim (electives)
Get ready to go home