About The J
The mission of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City is to enrich our diverse community by cultivating an inclusive environment built upon Jewish values, heritage and culture. We offer programs of excellence that enhance wellness, meaning and joy from generation to generation.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City ("The J") opened in 1914 in midtown Kansas City, Missouri, and has grown and adapted to serve the changing needs of Greater Kansas City's Jewish and secular communities. We've continuously offered the finest in recreational, social and educational services as our facilities have transitioned to southern Overland Park, Kansas.
Donate to The J
We're proud of our impact on families, individuals and the community. Yet, membership and program fees account for only a portion of the funds required to offer our services. The remainder comes from corporate and foundation support, and very importantly, individual gifts from people just like you. Donate now >
State of the Heart
The place for you and your family to live up to your goals, your aspirations, your best you, is the one with a heart.
In all of Kansas City, there's nothing like The J. Founded on Jewish values and open to everyone, The J is the metro's original community of healthy lifestyles.
We're not a manufactured environment run out of a corporate office. We're real, like you.
The J is where families and individuals are warmly welcomed, to join forces with others who are keenly interested in becoming their best and staying that way. In an environment where "community" extends outside of our walls, to inspire all of KC to live up.
Discover The J
For the highest quality services based on your needs:
- Best-of-the-best fitness center, open 7 days a week, at the hours you want
- 80+ no-charge Group Exercise classes, led by professionals committed to a better you
- CrossFit, yoga and more for every fitness level
- Indoor track
- Boxing included at no extra charge
- Individualized Personal Training, taught by accredited coaches, with schedules centered around you
- Sports & Recreation programs for children and adults
- Basketball, softball, tennis and racquetball for adults
- Baseball, T-ball, karate, soccer, tennis and more for kids
- Youth Fitness Zone
- Indoor pool and aquatics programs
- Outdoor Waterama Family Pool Adventure, plus Olympic-sized pool
- Swim lessons, taught by American Red Cross certified instructors
- Masters swimming
- Healthy treats at the Alef Bet Cafe, with summer poolside service
Unlock More at The J
- Accredited Child Development Center
- After-School Care
- Summer Day Camps
- Performing Arts classes
- Accredited gathering place for senior adults 65+
- 500-seat theatre featuring family-friendly productions
- Cultural and educational events