When school’s out, The J offers Vacation Day programming for school-aged youth. Activities include swimming, arts and crafts, games and special events. Some days include a field trip.
Kindergarten through Grade 6
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
(7:30-9 a.m. drop-off; 4-6 p.m. pick-up)
Prices are Member/Non-Member
Before enrolling, please read these important instructions:
- Pre-registration is required at least two days in advance. Enroll early as enrollment is limited and we may fill up a session; Non-registered participants will be accepted based on availability (Additional drop-in fee of $5 will apply)
- $5 discount per day for current After-School participants
- Acceptance in this program is conditioned on appropriate behavior in group situations and following rules and directions of staff.
- If a child needs assistance to successfully function in a group, prior to registering, contact the director to determine if assistance is available.
- Cancellation fee if requested in advance: $5. Cancellation day of program: $10.
- Discounts not available online. Contact staff to enroll. No sibling discount.
- BRING A SACK LUNCH: Lunch is not provided - No pork products or shellfish. Peanut butter is allowed. Lunch is available for purchase one week in advance at $5.50 per person per day. It is a Kosher Vaad supervised lunch from the Heritage Center. Contact DD to purchase lunch.
- Swimming will be an option for most Vacation Days, so bring a swimsuit and towel each day if you would like to go swimming.
- All field trips are in the morning unless otherwise noted - Please be punctual (9:00 a.m.) so we can be on time!
For instructions on how to enroll contact DD Gass at 913-327-8079.
If you qualify for a discount, you can register through DD Gass, or The J Front Desk receptionist.