When school’s out, The J offers Vacation Day activities that include swimming, arts and crafts, games and special events. Some days include a field trip!
Kindergarten through Grade 6
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
(7:30-9 a.m. drop-off; 4-6 p.m. pick-up)
Before enrolling, please read these important instructions:
- Acceptance in this program is conditioned on appropriate behavior in group situations, following rules and directions of staff. If a child needs assistance to successfully function in a group, prior to registering, contact the director to determine if assistance is available.
- Pre-registration is required at least two days in advance. Enrollment is limited! Non-registered participants will be accepted based on availability (Additional drop-in fee of $5 will apply).
- $5 discount per day for current After-School participants. Discounts not available online. Contact Barry, Katie, or go to The J Reception desk to enroll with the discount. No sibling discount.
- Cancellation fee if requested in advance: $5. Cancellation day of a program: $10.
- BRING A SACK LUNCH: Lunch is not provided - No pork products or shellfish. Peanut butter is allowed. Lunch is available for purchase one week in advance at $5.50 per person per day. It is a Kosher Vaad supervised lunch from the Heritage Center. Contact Barry or Katie to purchase lunch.
- Swimming will be an option for most Vacation Days, so bring a swimsuit and towel each day if you would like to go swimming.
Questions? Contact Barry Birkmeyer at 913-327-8098 or Katie Sutton at 913-327-8097.
Dates coming soon!