Indoor Triathlon at The J
SUPER SPRINT Swim 400 yards / Bike 8 miles / Run 2 miles
Swim 750 yards / Bike 12.4 miles / Run 3.1 miles SPRINT
The perfect opportunity for beginners or experienced athletes alike, this inclusive indoor event encourages participants ages 14 and older to participate and lead a fit lifestyle. All proceeds benefit The J’s financial assistance program, providing underprivileged youth in our community access to our Youth Fitness Zone where they learn and experience the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Participants must be at least 14 years old
- Sprint Distance is capped at 24 participants and 12 team entries.
- Registration is open to everyone but must be received on or before Friday, February 8 to receive a shirt
and Thursday, February 14 if a shirt isn't important to you.
- All heats start in the pool. Heats are approximately every 20 minutes.
Sprint heats will begin at 7 a.m. Super Sprint heats will begin at 9 a.m. or after.
You will be notified of your start time prior to the event.
- The bike portion will take place on Keiser Bikes.
- You may bring your own timer, or one will be provided.
- Timers stay with the same athlete throughout the entire race and are responsible for counting the laps in the pool and around the track.
Transition time is documented and counts toward your total finish time.
- Refreshments will be provided for post-race cool down.
super sprint fees
J Individual Member - $39 | Non-Member Individual - $54
J Relay Team - $76 | Non-Member Relay Team - $106
J Individual Member - $49 | Non-Member Individual - $64
J Relay Team - $86 | Non-Member Relay Team - $116
Medals will be awarded. The overall male and female winners will receive gift certificates.
Participants receive a long sleeve tech t-shirt if registered by February 8, 2019.
For more information contact Scott at (913) 327-8016.
Proceeds from this event support our financial assistance programs.
In order to put on an event like this, The J relies on the community and all of its outstanding volunteers!
We are looking for volunteers to help out with various aspects of this event including check-ins, registration, set-up, tear down, timing, etc. Shifts are available from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm. If you’ve never helped with the indoor Triathlon, I really encourage you to do so this year. It’s a really exciting and inspiring event!
Please contact Brandi Ventre at (913) 327-8081 for more information or to sign up. We look forward to seeing you there!