Group Fitness Classes in Kansas City
Group Classes for Adults at The J
The J offers 100+ Group Fitness classes in Kansas City for all ages and skill levels. As a Member of The J, all of these classes are free! Be sure to check one out, it's perfect for making new friends while you get in shape.
We offer everything from lower impact pilates, yoga, and water aerobics, to higher intensity weight lifting, cardio classes, LES MILLS, and cycling.
In compliance with State Health Department and Centers For Disease Control, we are implementing additional cleaning and social distancing procedures at The J. To protect our Members, participants, and staff, we are requiring advance registration for all Group Fitness Classes. Additionally, please note that participants are required to bring their own towels and yoga mats. View details on Code of Conduct.
Website Registration Instructions:
Do NOT create a guest account – you will not be able to reserve space for any programs.
If you do not know your username/password, please contact Bobby Carrico to reset your online credentials.
- Click the Registration Link and Login
- Click on the Group Exercise button
- Today will be the default view of class schedules
- Sort the schedule to narrow your view by Category, Class, or Date and click Search
- Classes are listed in chronological order, the Capacity column indicates the number of people currently signed up for each class.
- Click Enroll to select the class you would like to sign-up
- Add Family Member(s) by checking the box next to each name to reserve a spot in the class; click Register
- If the screen appears: Thank You! You have completed your reservation process
Note: You may not book earlier than 48 hours prior to the class start time and you are unable to double book during overlapping class times.
If you're no longer able to attend a class, we appreciate if you would cancel your reservation so that others may attend. Individual Members will need to login to their own account to cancel each reservation, even if multiple family members were registered under one account.
To cancel a reservation:
- Click on the Account Information button
- Click on the Reservation Report link
- Select the reservation to cancel; reservations for all Family Members will be visible
- Click Cancel Booking
Check out our Group Fitness Schedule to find the most up-to-date classes:
Special Upcoming Events
Community is a big aspect of Group Fitness! Sometimes we like to have special events for members and guests to have a great workout then socialize with friends (and maybe make a few new ones!) Join us for an upcoming event:
For Members + Guests
Special programs are often limited-run classes with a unique element not provided in our typical Group Fitness classes. Some are just for members, others are open to all. Check out our current and upcoming special programming: