Member Experience Desk Supervisor
Full Time Staff
The Member Experience Desk (MED) Supervisor is responsible for supporting the MED Coordinator in the overall direction, coordination and supervision of the Member Experience Desk including the pro shop, locker rooms, point of sale system and programming.
The Member Experience Desk Supervisor will enhance the member experience by creating a welcoming environment in which The J’s members and guests obtain knowledgeable information about all programs. The Supervisor is responsible for training and monitoring the highest quality MED staff, delivering the best customer service to all members and guests through professional greetings, account maintenance, and extensive knowledge of The J’s programs, products and services. The MED supervisor will proactively meet the needs of members and accurately answer questions.
The Member Experience Desk Supervisor is a full time position that requires a flexible schedule that may include weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Assist MED Coordinator in driving overall member satisfaction and customer service. Establish genuine relationships with members, and connect all members to their interests through supporting and promoting The J events, activities and managing communication between MED staff, Fitness & Sports departments and members.
- Increase sales in Pro Shop, Membership and programming.
- Communicate regularly with members to engage them in all programs and help form interest groups. Handle all customer complaints/comments in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure all team members develop and maintain personalized and professional relationships with members and add value to the memberships by providing accurate information on programs, products, and services.
- Understand and enforce rules and regulations for the Fitness and Sports Department. This includes both desk policies and facility policies.
- Comprehend the computer system and the following programs: Check-in, program registration, series sale and scheduler.
- Market, cross-promote, and sell programs and services throughout The J. Partner with other departments - Fitness and Sports coordinators in particular – and create interest group leads to promote programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- First Aid/CPR, AED certified with the first 60 days of employment
- Basic knowledge of computers and POS systems
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- 2-3+ years of customer service experience
- Very personable and friendly
- Able to multi-task
- Email your resume and cover letter to Mary Beth Sloan, Director of Human Resources
- In your cover letter, please confirm your ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- In your cover letter, please list your minimum salary requirement.
- Applications, referrals and inquiries are highly confidential.
Join the growing Fitness & Sports team at the JCC with this important role in greeting Members and guests while handling day-to-day responsibilities for ongoing programs and activities.
The Member Experience Desk Staff will enhance the Member experience by creating a welcoming environment in which JCC Members and guests obtain knowledgeable information about all JCC programs.
- Greets all JCC Members and guests to ensure accurate counts of users of the facility and create a safe environment by knowing the users of the facility.
- Has a clear understanding of all programs that the JCC offers and can explain, sell and charge the Member/participant accurately via face to face or over the phone.
- Handle all complaints/comments in a professional and courteous manner, leaving the Member/guest satisfied with the answer.
- Create a safe and clean environment by maintaining all locker rooms and Fitness and Sports lobby, including racquetball courts and kinesis studio.
- Understand and enforces rules and regulations for the Fitness and Sports Department. This includes both desk policies and facility policies.
- Comprehends the computer system and knows how to facilitate the following programs: check-in, program registration, series sale and scheduler.
- High School diploma
- A minimum of three years experience in the customer service field
- First aid/CPR/AED certified within the first 90 days of employment
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Personable and friendly
- Strong work ethic
- Must be able to multi-task
Position starts at $7.25 - $8.00 per hour. Please send cover letter, resume and references to Tara Sawyer, Member Experience Desk and Sales Coordinator at [email protected].