February 22, 2015
Thank you to all who participated and volunteered on February 22, 2015! Click here to view the results
News Coverage of the 20th Annual Indoor Triathlon at The J:
KMBC - Kansas City boy makes mark in JCC indoor triathlon
KCTV5 - Triathletes compete at Jewish Community Center
500 yard swim (10 laps) | 8 mile bike ride | 2 mile run (20 laps)
- Two towels will be provided for your use.
- Put your transition belongings in the pool area.
- Everyone will start in the pool. Heats are approximately every 20 minutes, beginning at 7 a.m.
- The bike portion will take place on Keiser Bikes.
- You can bring your own timer, or one will be provided for each athlete.
- Teams can be compiled of 2 or 3 members.
- Completion times will be posted on the J website and Fitness & Sports at the J Facebook page by the Monday following the event.
- Timers will count your laps in the pool and on the track and will time your event (swimming, biking, running) including travel time from the pool to the bike and track.
- During the 9th lap of the swim, your timer will place a blue kickboard in the water.
- After completing the 10th lap, move quickly to the hall east of the gym. A volunteer will then direct you to a bike.
- After the biking portion, run upstairs to the starting line on the track to begin running your laps.
- After crossing the finish line, enjoy cool down with refreshments in the check-in area.
Gift certificates will be awarded to the first, second and third place finishers based on age group and gender competition.
For more information on the Indoor Triathlon, contact Hiliary Nichols, Personal Training Supervisor, at 913-327-8016 or email@example.com.